We welcome material for publication at this site. If you
would like to contribute, please read this article and our copyright notice.
HOW TO WRITE FOR
THE SPORTSCIENCE SITE
First, some general advice:
- Write in a simple but accurate style.
- Use the first person (I, we) where possible.
- Avoid abbreviations and technical terms known only to experts.
- Read our draft
guidelines on style for journal articles. These guidelines
apply to all material at this site.
- Send the item to the appropriate sportsci.org mailbag as an
attached file in Word or HTML format. Text in an email message is
acceptable for some items.
- Be prepared to cooperate with our editors, who may rewrite
your contribution for brevity and clarity.
Here are the guidelines for articles on our various pages. Read
articles on these pages to get a better idea of the required style
- Sportscience News. Suitable topics include a conference
report, an overview of a recently completed research project, a
new development in drug or performance testing, or your
experiences with a training technique or technology. Read the
template for more
- Ferret=AT=sportsci.org. This News column features short
items on the same topics as full News articles, as well as
summaries of discussions on mailing lists, noteworthy research in
progress or in print, and any hot gossip! Email a paragraph or two
- Training & Technology. These peer-reviewed articles
are designed to inform athletes, trainers, and coaches about ways
to enhance training and performance. Link to
more information, then read
- Research Resources. These pages are aimed at teachers,
researchers, and research students in sport and exercise science.
There is no specific format or template. Contact
if you want to make a contribution.
- Sportscience. This will be a peer-reviewed journal
focusing on athletic performance, hopefully later in 1998. View
the guidelines for
writing reviews. Guidelines for other articles will be
you have a suitable manuscript.
editor=AT=sportsci.org · webmaster=AT=sportsci.org · Homepage
Last updated 17 Jan 1998.